Several of my colleagues are at this moment hard at play – – after which they’ll be forced to work late into the night – – to bring news and interpretation of their seven days of golf and leisure in Scottsdale, Arizona. Writers Jeff Wallach, Peter Kessler, Tom Bedell, Terry Moore and videographer Jamie McWilliams drew the long straws for this trip. It sounds cushy spending a couple days at the Four Seasons at Troon North, two more at the Fairmont Princess and a pair at one of the casitas at The Boulders. It is. But packing up and moving every two days is more about spreading the coverage than convenience and comfort.
But the boys do get to play the awesome Boulders course, which Wallach has written about. Also already covered is Kessler’s report on a round at Troon North, another incredibly designed beauty that features pristine maintenance, and also a round at the TPC Scottsdale. The TPC is great for professionals and fans at the annual party-fest tournament, but a mixed experience for average players.
In any event, The A Position war party will also be writing about new Callaway irons and the company’s fitting process, Certifresh Cigars, Travelpro luggage and a new smart phone app called Grow the Golf Game, among the goods and services of other sponsors who are helping make this multi-segment report possible. Best of all, there’s a Sweepstakes.
Enter and Win
With a couple clicks of your mouse and the entry of very basic information, anyone has the chance to win a Scottsdale golf and leisure Sweepstakes page, modeled after the Road Warriors latest tour. Worth about $6000, it includes golf and accommodations for two and much more. Here’s what the prize package includes:
- Two nights of lodging at each of the following properties: Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, The Boulders Resort, and The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- One round of golf for two at Troon North Golf Club, The Boulders Golf Club, and TPC Scottsdale
- Two-piece Travelpro® Platinum 7® luxury luggage set
- Custom club fitting, new driver, new golf bag, and one dozen golf balls from Callaway Golf
- One dozen premium cigars from Certifresh Cigars
- 12-month subscription for winner’s entire golf club for a white tee membership, plus six blue tee memberships to Grow The Game Golf’s new leaderboard smart phone app