The final major of the year and the 100th PGA Championship rocks up at Bellerive Country Club in St Louis. The club started life back in 1897 as a 9-hole course and was known as the St Louis Field Club. In 1910 the membership incorporated Bellerive Country Club changing the club name in the process to become known as the Bellerive CC, after Louis St Ange De Bellerive who was the last French commander to be stationed in North America.
Scotsman Robert Foulis was commissioned to design the “new Bellerive” in Normandy where the club remained for 50 years. In 1955 the club decided to move west and Robert Trent Jones was commissioned to find a location for a new 18-hole course and on Memorial Day 1960 the “Green Monster of Ladue Road” opened for play.