As it prepares for its Initial Public Offering, the Acushnet Company, parent of the Titleist golf brand, is looking for ways to make the brand cross over to all segments of golf consumers instead of just hard-core golfers and better players. You can call it the “new’’ Titleist.
Here’s a good example:
The Acushnet Company, on Sept. 28-30, will hold the 2016 Team Titleist Invitational – a two-day, four ball event – at fabled Pinehurst Resort & CC in the North Carolina sandhills. The final round of the event will be played on famed Pinehurst No. 2, host of more single golf championships – including three U.S. Opens – than any destination in America.
Looks like a pretty good deal. The package price starts at $999 per person double occupancy or $1,249 per person single occupancy and includes:
- Entry into the Team Titleist Invitational and all greens fees
- Round 1 will be played on Pinehurst No. 4
- Round 2 will be played on Pinehurst No. 2
- Access to an exclusive Titleist golf ball and club trial event on the Pinehurst practice area where participants will be among the first golfers to experience the new Titleist 917 family of metals
- Accommodations at the Carolina Hotel or Holly Inn for two nights
- Breakfast buffet daily
- Cocktail reception and welcome party Wednesday evening
- Lunch and dinner Thursday
- Lunch and awards ceremony Friday
- A $200 gift card toward the purchase of any Titleist golf ball, club or gear items in the Pinehurst Golf Shop
There are only 72 spots available in this event and reservations are first come, first serve. So, if you’re interested, go to http://www.pinehurst.com/team-titleist-invitational