Bridgestone Golf has followed up its launch of four sets of J15 Forged irons with a J15 Cast iron that it will unveil at next week’s PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando. The j15 Cast irons, according to the company, rely on a combination of three technologies to maximize distance and accuracy for players needing more forgiveness in their irons.
“Bridgestone is largely recognized as a niche, forged iron brand for serious golfers, but with the introduction of the J15 Cast irons we’re widening our target player scope, offering that same unparalleled feel we’ve become known for with an added dose of forgiveness”, said Josh Kinchen, golf clubs and accessories marketing manager for Bridgestone Golf. “Through extensive testing, we’ve found that the same Flex Action Speed Technology that is used in our new driver and fairway woods also lends itself quite well to a game enhancement iron.
“We are eager to get these clubs in mid- to high-handicappers’ hands so that they can experience the tremendous benefits the combination of F.A.S.T. technology and our new Sure Contact Sole can provide.”
Kinchen said the increased distance and forgiveness that the J15 Cast offers is achieved through these key technologies:
- F.A.S.T Clubhead
- The Flex Action Speed Technology (F.A.S.T.) construction features a 360° undercut, full face channel to maximize the repulsion area and increase M.O.I. (Moment of Inertia) for high speed straight distance regardless of where impact is made.
- Wide, Round Sure Contact Sole
- Designed to provide maximum forgiveness and minimal turf resistance on off-center sweeping strikes, with the C.O.G. (Center of Gravity) located low and deep on the sole to encourage high launching distance.
- Oversize Stainless Steel Clubhead
- Larger club head with thicker topline and increased offset inspires confidence at address, while maintaining the clean, classic appearance Bridgestone has become revered for.
The standard (5-AW) radJ15 Cast irons, available April 1, will come with the Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH shafts and custom yellow Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips. The J15 Cast 5-AW set will feature a street price of $699 and will be available in right-hand only.