91. The golf industry tolerates counter customer service that the hotel industry never would, though the compensation is comparable.
92. Thirty years ago, who would have thought that golf course architects would have “rock star” status in the game, and then face financial hardships as the demand would evaporate?
93. I have made more friends playing golf than any other activity in my life.
94. I have never stuffed a ball retriever into my golf bag, but considering the economy (mine), the time may be approaching.
95. The Golf Course Superintendent is the unsung hero of the golf industry, and it is the improved maintenance conditions of the past twenty-five years that have most improved the enjoyment of the game in America, not the equipment. Though isn’t nice to play a golf ball that doesn’t cut?
96. The Internet has provided a venue for people who truly know little or nothing about golf to pose as experts and gather a following, and make unsubstantiated statements …just as it has in every other area of life.
97. Ben Wright should be forgiven and brought back into golf broadcasting.
98. There is a universal unspoken bond between golfers around the world.
99. There are easily more than 625 golf courses in America that deserve Top 100 consideration. And I am so thankful to have played many of them!
100. Golf is still the best way to get to know a person while also being most revealing of yourself.