1. Keep your important documents together and safe from moisture — your passport and boarding pass while you’re hanging around the airport, for example.
2. Keep your receipts all in one organized place.
3. Sort your currencies — dollars in one bag, another in another,
4. Make a “kit” of all the things you want to bring on your trip but
don’t need until your trip home: return trip itinerary, cab fare for
the ride home, house keys, etc.
5. Keep breakable items safe. Put the item you want to protect in a
Ziploc bag and close it almost fully, leaving just enough open to fit
a straw through. Then, inflate the bag, remove the straw, and close
the Ziploc completely. Presto…self-made bubble-wrap!
6. Store your liquids or powders to prevent mess.
7. Keep your clothes wrinkle-free. Larger bags can hold rolled
clothing — which makes for neater packing and less wrinkled outfits
on the other side.
8. Make a pillow. Fill a large Ziploc with cotton balls for a light
and compact travel pillow.
9. Keep your luggage contents clean. Wrap your shoes in bags to
prevent dirt from their soles rubbing off on other items.
10. Pack a big trash bag and place it on the bottom and then around your clothes. If your bag is sitting out in the rain waiting to be loaded on a plane, the plastic liner will provide a wetness barrier. Use it coming home to put your dirty laundry into.
11. Clean-up. Wet some thick paper towels with liquid anti-bacterial soap and water. Fold up while still wet and place into a zipper bag to take with you.
12. Store snacks to travel. Filling a bag with nuts, candy, trail mix, or granola is just a beginning to what you might want to take with you.
13. Store your camera, cell phone, chargers, adapters, sun and eyeglasses, keys, and other essentials in one clear plastic bag.