There was never a dull moment at Casa de Campo. Here are but a few of the sporting life highlights of this Golf Road Warrior.
1. Shooting traps and skeets at the Safari Club. No one was more surprised than me when I shot that fluorescent orange thingy in the sky into smithereens. Thank to assistant shooting instructor, Hermogenes Guerrero, my Beretta was smokin.’
2. Scoring the first goal at the donkey polo event. It was hilarious chaos and the most fun you’ll ever have on your ass with a broom.
3. Almost nailing an ace on Dye Links, the perfect warm-up course here at Casa de Campo.
4. Sunset, shrimps and Chardonnay at the Marina aboard one of the mega yachts courtesy of Marine Trading Services.
5. Watching a real polo match and coveting those knee-high leather boots and the superb horsemanship.
6. Learning some meringue hip swivels on Minitas Beach.
7. Enjoying a deep-tissue golf ball massage with Celeste at The Spa.
8. Playing 63 holes of Pete Dye-designed golf without leaving the property—from seaside tees at Teeth of the Dog to dramatic Cliffside fairways teetering over the Chavon River.
9. Being transported to a replica of a 16th century Tuscan village, Altos de Chavon, complete with 5,000-seat amphitheatre—only ten minutes from the beach.
10. Basking in the warm hospitality of our Casa de Campo hosts. Gracias.