- Start in your address position.
- Slowly take the club to the top of your backswing with both arms.
- Release the left arm (front arm) and hook the left hand behind the elbow and apply light pressure to bring the elbow back into the correct position.
- Hold for 2-3 deep breaths, sensing this new elbow position.
- Repeat until the desired position can be achieved with a normal swing without assistance from the drill. (*Modify if there is a shoulder or neck injury)
Dodie Mazzuca is the Director of Instruction at Troon Country Club in Scottsdale, AZ (November-April). She also teaches golf in Santa Cruz, CA (May-October). www.DodieMazzuca.com